Date:      Thu, 23 Feb 1995 14:09:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      william pechter ILEX <pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@wcarchive.cdrom.com (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   FYI -- Linux and Corsair are back.

FYI --

Boy... I wonder what would've happened if this was based on FreeBSD.

> From: nelson@crynwr.crynwr.com (Russell Nelson)
> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.os.linux.misc
> Subject: Corsair lives!  Hooray for Uncle Ray!
> Date: 17 Feb 1995 04:24:06 GMT
> cc: torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi, mdw@cs.cornell.edu

     The February 13th, 1995 issue of Inter@ctive Week reports on page
8 that Ray Noorda launched Caldera to create a new operating system
that will itself run on all major types of desktop computers.
     Headed by former Novell executive Ransom Love, Caldera's desktop
operating system will list for $89.  Better yet, Caldera's products
should not infringe on Microsoft, if Novell's scrutiny of the projects
is correct.
     "We had some of the best attorneys in the industry go through
that," says a Caldera source.  The as-yet unnamed Caldera desktop
software -- which uses the "public domain" (journalists can't grok the
GPL) Unix software known as Linux as its kernel --= will act as a
standalone computer operating syustem, or as part of the full Novell
Corsair environment.

Go see http://www.caldera.com

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/crynwr/nelson.html
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key

 Bill Pechter |Systems Administrator  |
 Ilex Systems |170 Patterson Ave      | Shrewsbury, New Jersey 07702
 908-532-2943 |pechter@sesd.ilex.com  | pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil