Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2000 11:34:40 -0500
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        "Kim J. Brand" <kim@simple-mail.com>, "Rick Hamell" <hamellr@aracnet.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: install fails on 10.2 GB drive using 4.0

K...well that eliminates the hardware issue, then.  I had 4.0 get confused
on me about geometry of a disk once as well.  It was telling me that the
beginning of slices was after the end and all sorts of weirdness.  I
reformatted the drive and the problem went away, but I never really figured
out what caused it.  Perhaps FBSD and your computer are not agreeing about
the geometry of the drive.  Someone else will have to help you out, though,
I have to fiddle with these things to fix em.  I'm no good at just spitting
out the answer.

Josh