Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 2008 22:59:08 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Noah <admin2@enabled.com>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bashrc configuration question: syntax error: unexpected end of file

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 13:28:11 -0800, Noah <admin2@enabled.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am unable to figure out why I am getting the following error: "-bash:
> /Users/user/.bashrc: line 10: syntax error: unexpected end of file
> localhost:~ user$"

The only thing that comes into my mind is this line from
your .bash_profile:

>       source ~/.bashrc

I'm not sure, but according to the builtin manpage, sh
does not understand "source", so maybe bash doesn't, too?
For file inclusion, "." is the correct form as it occurs
in your .bashrc file.

By the way, it would be good if you would include line
numbers, using "cat -n <filename>". :-)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany