Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2020 13:43:09 -0800
From:      Thomas Skibo <thomas-bsd@skibo.net>
To:        Ross Alexander <rwa@athabascau.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-arm Digest, Vol 720, Issue 4

> On Feb 13, 2020, at 10:35 AM, Ross Alexander <rwa@athabascau.ca> =
wrote:
>=20
> Having said that, here's my puzzle - I use crochet to build little
> test images.  I last pulled it down from github 14 Nov 2019 via
>=20
>    git clone https://github.com/freebsd/crochet.git
>=20
> (and pulling it down today and doing a 'diff -r' says that nothing
> has happened.)  I've got pretty recent copies of the dependancies;
>=20
>    aubey2:/u0/cr-wk > pkg info -E -x rpi
>    rpi-firmware-1.20190925.g20200109
>    u-boot-rpi-2019.10
>    u-boot-rpi2-2019.10
>    u-boot-rpi3-2019.10
>    u-boot-rpi4-2019.10
>=20
> BUT the mmscd images don't recognize the gpart partitions on
> my rpi3's usb ssd any more.
>=20
> I will provide better info when I get home and have a couple of hours
> to collect boot listings.  In short, what's broken in u-boot 2019.10,
> or what config change does it need to see gpart partitions on a USB
> device?
>=20
> regards,
> Ross
>=20

It looks like crochet installs boot1.efi in EFI/BOOT/bootaa64.efi but it =
should install loader.efi instead.  boot1.efi is incompatible with =
u-boot v2019.10 and causes  =E2=80=9CUFS found no partitions=E2=80=9D =
errors.

An earlier discussion:  =
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2019-October/020540.html

=E2=80=94Thomas