Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:30:23 -0500
From:      Robert Beer <r-beer@onu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hang at SCSI Settle on Installation

I am attempting to install 3.3R on an IBM PC Server 325 (PPro 200 with one=
 CPU) with and on-board SCSI controller listed as an AIC-7880.  The=
 installation hangs at the "Waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices to settle"=
 point.  I did a boot -v and the final message that came out was:

	(noperiph:ahc0:0,0,-1,-1) SCSI bus reset delivered. O SCBs abort.

Does anyone have any insight into how to get this beast booted into the=
 installation?  Additionally, how do you capture (or stop scrolling) all of=
 the boot dialog that would normally end up in /var/run/dmesg.boot.  I am=
 sure there may be some clues that zipped by on the sreen that I missed.

=46eel free to ask for other information, this is all the clues I have at=
 the moment.

---
Bob Beer <r-beer@onu.edu>
Ohio Northern University, Academic Computer Services, Ada, OH  45810