Date:      Tue, 2 May 2006 08:15:06 +0400
From:      "Eugene M. Minkovskii" <emin@mccme.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   loose locale after upgrade from 5.4 to 6.1RC2

Hello.

I'm cvsuped from FreeBSD 5.4 to 6.1 RC2 and loose my russian
locale :( I can't type russian letters and many programs print
some warnings about locale. But russian fonts are worked: When I
go to other mashine through ssh, I see it.

For example:
svn report:
svn: error: cannot set LC_ALL locale
svn: error: environment variable LANG is ru_RU.KOI8-R
svn: error: please check that your locale name is correct

So, this is my locale:
$ locale
LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R
LC_CTYPE="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
LC_COLLATE="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
LC_TIME="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
LC_NUMERIC="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
LC_MONETARY="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
LC_MESSAGES="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
LC_ALL=

(Same I see on old worked mashine). This is fragment of my rc.conf:
font8x14="cp866-8x14"
font8x16="cp866b-8x16"
font8x8="cp866-8x8"
scrnmap="koi8-r2cp866"
keymap="ru.koi8-r.win.winkey.kbd"

(Last line is my own keymap, when I set system keymap through
sysinstall, I can't type in russian too --- same effect)

environment I set by user class and /etc/login.conf. User has
russian class, and in login conf we see:

#
# Russian Users Accounts. Setup proper environment variables.
#
russian|Russian Users Accounts:\
        :charset=KOI8-R:\
        :lang=ru_RU.KOI8-R:\