Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 15:15:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Darren <darren@tzeench.dhs.org>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: your mail

alright, to satisfy the question earlier, there wasn't any console
information, the moniter was in sleep mode and wouldn't wake from it.

second I went out and purchased a controller card(Hot Rod 66) which does
support my harddrive(or drives up to 128 gigs).  I am using the ata66
cables. the chipset is "HPT366 Ultra DMA66 IDE Controller".  It's a pci
bus card.  this controller seems to work fine with my maxtor 13gig drive.
Just occasionally panics on my maxtor 60 gig drive.

I have an asus p5a motherboard

I suppose this about solves my problem, I don't get the use of the ata66
mode, I just felt I would make these additional comments for anyone who
was following the conversation

-Darren