Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:25:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Jim Bryant <jbryant@democrats.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting SILO Overflows during burncd

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Jim Bryant wrote:

> FreeBSD wahoo.prodigy.net 4.9-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.9-PRERELEASE #0: Tue
> Sep 23 10:13:51 CDT 2003
> jbryant@wahoo.prodigy.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WAHOO.SMP  i386
>
> Dual Pentium II 333 MHz on Tyan Thunder-2 Motherboard.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

I don't think I have any equipment this old to test with.  I wouldn't be
suprised about this, particuarly if you are using PIO on your drive; the
high interrupt rate could be delaying sio interrupts too long.

If your hardware supports it, you can try setting the loader tunable
hw.ata.atapi_dma=1 and rebooting and seeing if it picks up the drive at a
DMA setting.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org