Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:38:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.4-STABLE

Sheldon Hearn wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:49:52 GMT, hometeam wrote:
 > > The iso install of 3-4 needs a permission change.
 >
 > There's a bug in 3.4-RELEASE, wherein selection of the Custom
 > Distribution kills the install process.  I suspect that the ISO will
 > remain read-only until this has been fixed.

If you're in a hurry and you absolutely need a 3.4-Release ISO
now, you can also download it from ftp7.de.freebsd.org.

Note, however, that that ISO is a "barebones" one, i.e. it only
contains the actual FreeBSD install bits and XFree86, but it
does not contain any packages.  Well, you can easily download
the packages that you need separately.  Or even better, use the
ports system.  :)

When I have some time left, I will make a more full-featured
set of ISOs which includes packages.  Maybe tomorrow, but don't
hold your breath.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)