Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:05:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@scientech.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Src code for @Home NIC Card for Slaming into UNIX - Re: (Form  posted from Mozilla (KMM25773C0KM))

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Amancio Hasty wrote:
> You probably don't need their funky NIC card in all likelyhood their nic card
> is an ethernet
> card and if so you may want to kindly give TCI their "NIC Card"   back ---
> they really
> ought to specify what exactly do they mean by "NIC Card".
>
> 	Amancio

The question is, how are IP addresses assigned?  The Time Warner "Road
Runner" system is known to use a DHCP-like mechanism which has been
deciphered.  I haven't read anything about @Home.  Of course, static
addressing would be preferable.

Charles Mott

P.S.  It's going to be a long time before I see a cable modem in eastern
Idaho.