Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 20:42:31 +0000 ()
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@parody.tecc.co.uk>
To:        Dominic Russell <102556.543@compuserve.com>
Cc:        Help! <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with installation of FreeBSD

On 27 Dec 1995, Dominic Russell wrote:

> Intel 486/33MHz CPU
> Mother Board SIS with VLB bus
> AMI BIOS (no support for LBA mode)
> 128KB chache
> 4MB of memory
> 540MB Quantum hard disk (master)
> 100MB Teac hard disk (slave)
> EIDE controler
>
> Is it possible that my computer don't have enough memory to run FreeBSD? Is my
> hard disk incompatible? If you find anything, please let me know.

Yes, I'm afraid you will need a minimum of 5MB of memory to install 2.1.0,
although it will run in 4MB once installed (perhaps you can borrow some
from somewhere for the installation?). The hard disk should work, but
only as IDE (ie without taking full advance of the 'Enhanced' features).

James

Segmentation fault (core dumped): cannot find file '.signature'