Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 16:53:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@miami.edu>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Continuing ahc problems - also cause fxp failure

:
:Matt, I know you've probably heard a lot of responses to this, but I have
:a system very similar to yours that I use in production with vinum
:striping across 12 18 GB drives hooked up to an Adaptec U2W.  I ran into
:this problem, and I upgraded the BIOS on the card.  As soon as I did that,
:everything runs beautifully.
:
:Joe Clarke

    I'm working on upgrading the BIOS.  I'm crossing my fingers but somewhat
    skeptical.

					-Matt