Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:07:09 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Rob <rob@pythonemproject.com>
Cc:        Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>, "freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Drive/Partition Copying Utilities

Rob wrote:
> I am very interested in repartitioning my notebook.  It has a 30gig
> drive now with Win2k and FBSD, but I wish I could redo it for 3
> partitions of 10Gig so I can try a new OS like OpenBSD or Linux.  Rob.

I have a system set up with 4 partitions, like this, though
I only boot the second and third (I use BootMagic; I created
a FAT32 partition because BootMagic needed it).

I'm not sure if the new OS is capable of booting that far
into the disk, or not.  Most must have their initial code
loaded below 8G.  You can usually do this by doing several
parititions, and then seperating boot and data for the OS
so all the boots are below the critical limit.

See my posting last month on how to deal with it (the post
had a subject prefix of "Re: FreeBSD Installer", and was sent
24 Jan 2002 to -chat).

-- Terry