Date:      07 Apr 1998 20:50:39 -0500
From:      sfarrell+lists@farrell.org
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   luigi's snd driver questions

I have a sb16 pnp which seems to generally work ok with luigi's driver
(this is a 2.2.6-stable system, kernel from like 5 days
ago)... however with realvideo i get the following on xconsole
(especially under heavy load):

WARNING: wrintr but write DMA inactive!
WARNING: wrintr but write DMA inactive!
WARNING: wrintr but write DMA inactive!

which seem to coincide with "pops" from the speakers.  is this a bug
in the driver or a configuration issue?  if it's a configuration
issue, then question number two:  pnpinfo seems to show what possible
states can be configured, but it does NOT seem to indicate the actual
configuration of my card.  (I mean the config the *card* thinks it's
in, not the one the kernel thinks it's in).  I do not have pnp0
enabled in the kernel, so the device is configured as such:

device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 vector pcmintr

and dmsg says

pcm0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 on isa

if my card *is* misconfigured, then how do i know?  (i suppose i could
boot -c and set it a particular way, huh?  does userconfig show the
correct info as probed from the pnp card?)

finally, if i drop the irq, drq, and flags from the kernel config and
replace them with ?'s, and enable pnp0, will the kernel just magically
(aka pnp) figure these out and configure the card?

Thanks

--

Steve Farrell