Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2012 12:39:54 -0800
From:      "Peter A. Giessel" <pgiessel@mac.com>
To:        Vincent Hoffman <vince@unsane.co.uk>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OT: Linux EXT4 dump/restore equivalent?

On Jun 28, 2012, at 11:59, Vincent Hoffman <vince@unsane.co.uk> wrote:

> We use dump to backup ext4 filesystems on linux (Centos6) at work

You can find a version of dump for Linux that supports ext4.  What I have been completely unable to find is a linux boot disk that has a version of restore that supports ext4.  If anyone knows of one, I would be very interested.  I am very hesitant to use a backup scheme that doesn't have a clear recovery path.