Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:23:01 +0200
From:      Yury Tarasievich <grog@grsu.by>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD firewall for high profile hosts - waste of time ?

Terry Lambert wrote:

 >FreeBSD is actually adding pointers and other complexity to its
 >stack

[...etc.]

So you are referring to common features of stacks of both 4.* and 5.*,
right? As far as I understand the matter, this all have to be (and I
guess actually is) provable.

Now, you were saying that 5.* is even worse, I quote:
> FreeBSD 5.x network performance is really poor, relative to 4.x; I do
> not recommend using FreeBSD 5.x in a production environment.

Then I wonder *what* were the reasons for not working on matters pointed
out??? You were also saying in same post that:

> The fixes are mostly
> simple, but for whatever reason, they never make it into FreeBSD
> proper (my theory is that the developement focus is heavily skewed
> to general purpose processing, rather than network processing).

And throttling the "FlagFeature"???