Date:      Fri, 01 Apr 2022 01:56:41 +0900
From:      =?utf-8?B?7Zmp67OR7Z2s?= <soyeomul@doraji.xyz>
To:        Freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why don't you eat your own dog food?

Dear Joseph,

Joseph Mingrone <jrm@FreeBSD.org> writes:

> When we start meeting in person again, maybe you will have the
> opportunity to attend a conference like BSDCan.  If so, you will see
> lots of FreeBSD developers presenting with FreeBSD laptops.  Like Dave,
> I also gave a presentation at a past BSDCan using a laptop running
> FreeBSD.

Really using FreeBSD as desktop/laptop is not easy, so you are good
people for FreeBSD, i think. And let me please some question. May i ask
to you what are using your laptop model? And the laptop is good with
wifi under android mobile hot-spot? Because for years i'm connecting to
INTERNET via the wifi hot-spot of android mobile (Model: LGM-V300S) ;;;

> For video conferencing, there are challenges with closed
> applications/sites like Google Meet, MS Teams, and Zoom.  They do often
> work well from a FreeBSD system, but that's not always the case.  I have
> had the best experiences with meet.jit.si.
>
> A positive development related to this discussion is that the Foundation
> has identified the desktop/laptop experience as one the areas to be
> targeted for improvement [1].  Some of the Foundation developers have
> received frame.work laptops and are working to get FreeBSD running well
> on those systems.  We are also open to good proposals for funded work to
> improve the FreeBSD laptop/desktop experience.
>
> I can't speak for everyone, but I would prefer to be able to use my
> FreeBSD laptop for everything, but for some use cases, it's a work in
> progress.
>
> Joe
>
> [1] https://freebsdfoundation.org/blog/technology-roadmap/

Wow foundation homepage is more so fresh good than 10 years ago!

Thanks!

Sincerely, Chromebook user Byung-Hee from South Korea

--=20
^=EA=B3=A0=EB=A7=99=EC=8A=B5=EB=8B=88=EB=8B=A4 _=E5=92=8C=E5=90=88=E5=9C=98=
=E7=B5=90_ =EA=B0=90=EC=82=AC=ED=95=A9=EB=8B=88=EB=8B=A4_^))//