Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 1996 20:28:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      "JULIAN Elischer" <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        gwh@spiders.com (Gene W Homicki)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP C1553A autochanger.

probably the 'changer device' is on a second LUN
you will need to add an entry to scsiconf.c
for the device (in the registration table, and add the flag SCSI_MORE_LUNS
(or however it's spelled) to tell the scsi system
to look for another LUN on the device..

then you will also need to configure in the 'ch' device
which is the changer device. (see the LINT config file). (I see you've done that)
The ioctls to control the changer wre defined
in <sys/chio.h>.

there are no programs that presently do this so the driver hasn't been TESTED
for a few generations, though it compiles fine..
it was last seen running correctly under OSF1 when the scsi system was shared
between the two OS's but it has changed under FreeBSD a LOT (understatement)

You may need to do debugging to get it going... sorry but i don't have such a
changer to rest it on...