Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 1996 23:38:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Paul H." <broome@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
To:        FreeBSD-SMP@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: does freebsd support SMP?

Let me take advantage of this short pause in the discussion.

I'd like to try out FreeBSD on an SMP system but to do so I'll have to first
buy some hardware.  Can anyone give me suggestions on good, reliable, fast
mainboard/processor combinations?  (Also, is this mailing list archived? I
could find any archive in the usual places.)

My limited experience installing FreeBSD2.1 has been quite positive thus far -
first with a generic 386 system, then with a P75 on an ASUS mainboard. The
fact that the installations were easy for me means that somebody else put
in some hard work.

Of course I'll pass along anything I learn that might be useful.

-Paul

I can also be reached at broome@msiadmin.cit.cornell.edu