Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 17:50:42 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   async vs softupdates for obj target fs

Hi folks,

Am I correct in thinking that my buildworlds will be faster if their obj
target is on an async fs than if it's on a softupdates fs?

I understand that a crash during buildworld will render the filesystem
useless under async, but since the entire filesystem is dedicated to
builds (world and ports), that's not a problem.

So, given that recoverability isn't an issue, should I go async,noatime
or softupdates,noatime?

Thanks,
Sheldon.