Date:      Thu, 6 May 1999 11:05:13 +1000
From:      "John Saunders" <john@nlc.net.au>
To:        "FreeBSD current" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Newconfig has silenced smb support

In a recent cvsup I got the newconfig updates. These are generally
working well and have solved a number of "inelegancies" in my setup.

However since this update the kernel isn't recognising the SMB device.
I have tried things like adding "at pci?" to the end of the controller
config lines to no available. I've got an Intel chipset MB so I'm
using the Intel SMB controller.

Can somebody point me to the correct config to make it come back?

P.S. My old config used to have an "device ed0 at isa? disable port
blah blah" config line so my PCI ethernet card would work. I've now
changed this to "device ed0 at pci?" and it works like a charm.

Cheers.
        .     | John Saunders  - mailto:john@nlc.net.au            (EMail) |
    ,--_|\    |                - http://www.nlc.net.au/              (WWW) |
   /  Oz  \   |                - 02-9489-4932 or 041-822-3814      (Phone) |
   \_,--\_/   | NORTHLINK COMMUNICATIONS P/L - Supplying a professional,   |
         v    | and above all friendly, internet connection service.       |