Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 1996 11:13:00 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
Cc:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rcs keyword '$FreeBSD: $' disabled

<<On Sun, 07 Jul 1996 22:14:27 +0800, Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM> said:

> Because that was only part of the story..  There were corresponding
> modifications to CVS as well, but it turned out to be a problem that was
> more trouble that it was worth at the time, so it never was reimplemented.

The way we (here) use this feature, no CVS modifications are
necessary.  In addition to enabling and renaming the `FreeBSD'
keyword, I added the following two lines of code to `co''s `main':

	if (getenv("ANAKEYWORD"))
		setIncExc("-KiANA");

The developers supposedly know to set the ANAKEYWORD environment
variable, and everyone else can just ignore it.  I hope that this code
isn't going away, or I'll have to hack it back in...

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.