Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 14:38:40 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        andreas@wup.de (Andreas Klemm)
Cc:        garbanzo@hooked.net, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pgcc ports

> Should I remove pgcc completely ?
> We could try to make a new port egcs ... I think those people
> make the most success ...

I am not well informed, is anyone aware of the quality (i.e. efficiency)
of code produced by egcs compared to the gcc used in FreeBSD ?

Just a curiosity, but perhaps many people are wondering if we can gain
some 20-30% performance on highly computational intensive processes
(read: signal processing and multimedia...) by just swapping compiler
instead of forking out money for a faster processor...

	Thanks
	Luigi