Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:52:19 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hme(4) broken on non-sparc64 systems in -current

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 07:15:09AM +0100, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
 > As Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
 >
 > > How about backing out rev. 1.46(if_hme.c)?
 >
 > > For the same patch sent to bard@OpenBSD I got a positive report
 > > so it's strange to me though.(brad@OpenBSD reported Rx checksum
 > > offload breakage on little endian systems.)
 >
 > Yes, backing that out helps.  I'm not sure what this change was trying
 > to fix.  I've noticed before that tools like ethereal reported the

If my memory serve right, the flag variable holds host byte order
data.  The lower 16bit has a checksum value computed by HME hardware.
Since the checksum value should be computed with network byte order
I applied htos to the value in order to get correct value.

 > checksum as invalid but the traffic itself was unaffected.  Anyway, as

If you see checksum invalid message on Tx traffic it's normal for
checksum offloaded NIC. However if you see the checksum error on Rx
traffic it's real checksum error.

 > it was now, the traffic was blocked, so perhaps there's more than one
 > spot where this needs to be fixed?

Maybe. I have no idea yet.

 > I'll look a bit further into it tonight.  Thanks!

You're welcome. Sorry for the breakge.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon