Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:19:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Schroeder, Aaron" <Aaron.Schroeder@qg.com>
Cc:        "'Wilko Bulte'" <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>, "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Kernel compile error on AS4000

Schroeder, Aaron writes:
 > I did not installworld yet, I thought that I needed to make the kernel
 > before doing the installworld.

Unless you really know what you're doing, you need to make & install
the new kernel using the "make buildkernel" and "make installkernel"
targets, so that the appropriate config, .mk, headers, etc, are used.

You should familiarize yourself with -current & the upgrade procedure
before attempting to run -current.  Read UPDATING & subscribe to
freebsd-current@freebsd.org.

Drew