Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2012 05:44:26 GMT
From:      Tan Tek Jau <tekjau@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   amd64/171835: bsdinstall abort on Dell PowerEdge R420 with PERC H310 Mini RAID card

>Number:         171835
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       bsdinstall abort on Dell PowerEdge R420 with PERC H310 Mini RAID card
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I'm trying to install FreeBSD/amd64 9.0R on a new Dell PowerEdge R420 server with RAID (Dell PERC H310 Mini), on 2xSAS and 2xSSD hdd, but I failed to do so as the installation will abort during the partition step, after select <GUIDED> or <Manual>, and I have these error messages:

pid 967 (partedit), uid 0: exited on signal 11
pid 998 (autopart), uid 0: exited on signal 11

I have tried to disable the RAID and remove all hdds from RAID connection, but still get the same result.

>How-To-Repeat:
Install
>Fix:
Someone on the forum says that 9.1RC has the driver (mps driver? I'm not sure what's this) and able to install on new Dell server. I will try to download 9.1RC and reinstall again.