Date:      Tue,  8 Oct 96 16:00:00 -0600
From:      Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   worm drives

I just read the 2.1.5 man pages related to worm (Write Once, Read Many) =
drives, of which the notable example is CD-R.

What I want is to have a device for writing log files to which cannot be =
altered.  The worm driver wants a steady stream of data with a fixed block =
size.  However, log files tend to grow a line at a time.  I realize that I =
could have something collect up a block's worth of log entries and write =
it.  I was hoping for something a bit easier.

Is anyone aware of something that would work?

Kenneth
ingham@i-pi.com