Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 14:45:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      zhihuizhang <bf20761@binghamton.edu>
To:        hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Questions about DEVFS

After reading the file /miscfs/devfs/README and some postings related to
DEVFS, I am still confused with it.

The back plane is said to be a tree of back nodes.  How many nodes are
created in this back plane? How can we know the hierarchy of the tree in
order to create it?  How can the back plane serve as a blueprint of
multiple front planes?

I hope someone will give me a general idea about DEVFS so that I can go
over the source code easily.

Any help is appreciated.