Date:      Sun, 16 May 2010 15:46:12 -0400
From:      Todd Wasson <tsw5@duke.edu>
To:        Wes Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfs drive replacement issues

> Strange, you should be able to cancel the replacement with detach. =
There
> is some kind of DTL issue preventing it. I don't know what it is
> precisely, but there are known cases where legitimate detach =
operations
> are prevented.
>=20
> Try reconnecting the disk you partitioned, leaving the original ad6 =
still
> attached, and you should be able to detach the new one.

The problem with that is that I can't have any more than four SATA =
devices in my machine.  I'd have to detach one of the other (good) =
devices in order to do that.  Is that feasible / possible?  I would =
think at that point I would have only two of the four drives in the pool =
and it wouldn't function at all, but if that's not the case I can give =
it a try...

> Are you planning on using the leftover space on the 500gb drive for
> something else? If not, then don't bother partitioning it. Just give =
the
> whole device to the pool and it will only use 400gb of it.

I am, probably.  In the other 500GB drives I used the extra 100GB to =
make another pool and provide a block device to play around with, so I'd =
either add it to that or just make it a scratch filesystem.

Thanks for your help!

Todd=