Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2017 18:47:16 +0100
From:      Matthieu Volat <mazhe@alkumuna.eu>
To:        "Chris H" <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Working on FLAVOR support in portmaster

--Sig_/L+HAjaLbsAL0yK1m9eonVb4

On Sat, 09 Dec 2017 02:23:10 -0800
"Chris H" <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 10:25:17 +0100 "Matthieu Volat" <mazhe@alkumuna.eu> sa=
id
>=20
> > On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 14:18:28 +0100
> > Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org> wrote:
> >  =20
> > > On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 02:13:09PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote: =
=20
> > > 14:54:27 =20
> > > admins   =20
> > > I =20
> > > territory? =20
> > > I =20
> > >=20
> > > The official maintainer is tz@ for now, he just handed the maintainer=
ship to
> > > se@
> > >=20
> > > As for push access for now, only git-admin (which I am part of) and b=
drewery
> > > (who use to maintain portmaster) have access. I'll be glad to give pu=
sh acces
> > > more people.
> > >=20
> > > For now I have pushed patches from Stefan in the repo (not the flavor
> > > support
> > > but the preliminary to it)
> > >=20
> > > Best regards,
> > > Bapt =20
> >=20
> >=20
> > Would it be possible to have some page to track/show the changes/progre=
ss to
> > the code? For some times, we had a lot of "i'm working on it but behind
> > closed doors".
> >=20
> > For that kind of tools, it would be nice to see the process of upgrading
> > portmaster (or any other tool for that matter) and get a bit more famil=
iar
> > with the code.
> >=20
> > Even a wip branch would be great to involve more people, and that way, =
people
> > would be a bit less in the dark, but that is just my 2 cents... =20
>=20
> Doesn't the GitHub activity graphs, diffs, and commit logs already provide
> this information? Or have I just misunderstood the question?
>=20

They do... but only if you commit and push something (even if it's only a p=
ersonnal clone). If you just keep the changes on your computer, there's not=
hing.

As much as I am defiant of github on certain aspects, I've found in quite s=
ome occasion the discussion/comment system around pull requests quite nice.

Regards,