Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 21:32:42 +0000 ()
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@parody.tecc.co.uk>
To:        Emil Mikhles <michles@haven.ios.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation Problem

On Wed, 27 Dec 1995, Emil Mikhles wrote:

> Hi, it appears that I have a Matsushita/Panasonic CR-504, and FreeBSD
> does not support it. Please send me the instructions on how to do it
> through DOS, since the CD-ROM is an unsupported type.

That's strange, I have a Matshita CR-504 ST22 CD-Rom working here with
no problems. Does it get detected when you boot the installation floppy?
(This is a SCSI device - are we talking about the same thing here?)

Anyway, to install from a DOS hard disk, copy the files off the CD. At
a minimum, you'll need the bin.?? files, and the ssys.??, manpages.?? and
info.?? are strongly recommended.

Note you must keep the directory structure, something like

c:\freebsd\bin
c:\freebsd\src
c:\freebsd\manpages
c:\freebsd\info

James

Segmentation fault (core dumped): cannot find file '.signature'