Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 07:18:27 +0900
From:      ynishimura@home.nimc.go.jp
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   SRM of Digital personal workstation can only works just with matrox ?

Dear sirs

SRM of Digital personal workstation can only works just with matrox ?

I tried to install FreeBSD4.0/Alpha into Digitalpersonal workstation600a.
I tried  changing AlphaBios to srm. At bootin,itsaid "illeagal device on slot 5"

It was the display card "powerstorm" that has been working with windows/NT4.0.

I  changed it with Mach64(rage128?), Number9 GXE64pro and so on, but the boot
      failed.

My friend said that srm for it can work only withmatrox.

Is that true?

Sincerely
Y.NISHIMURA