Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 1997 00:45:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Satoshi Asami <asami>
To:        mi@aldan.ziplink.net, asami, freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/2994

Synopsis: xpm port does not build for the first time

State-Changed-From-To: open-analyzed
State-Changed-By: asami
State-Changed-When: Wed Apr 9 00:39:40 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:
I have built the xpm port on "clean" systems many times before.  I never
had a problem.

The failure of your analysis is that the xpm cannot use the installed
header (which is done by "make install", which is after "make build")
anyway.  It actually picks it up from the build directory.

The command line to compile sxpm.c looks like this on my system:

===
cc -m486 -O2   -I../X11 -I..  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -DCSRG_BASED  -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO   -c sxpm.c
===

There is a subdirectory called "X11" in the xpm source directory in
which there is a symlink "xpm.h" pointing to "../lib/xpm.h", and the
"-I.." switch should enable the compiler to pick it up from the right
place.