Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 23:07:13 -0500
From:      Dan Moschuk <dan@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Dan Moschuk <dan@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The ball starts rolling

| : To get the ball rolling, I've put online my patch to randomize the order which
| : PIDs follow.  If all goes well, I expect to commit this sometime over the
| : weekend, followed by another commit the following week to replace the PRNG
| : with something a little better than random().
|
| What's wrong with the original cryptographically strong randomizer in
| OpenSBD?

Absolutely nothing.  Last I checked, they used RC4, which is fairly fast and
efficient for the kernel.  However, I'm still debating whether or not it's
actually _needed_.  IMHO, OpenBSD takes somethings beyond the point of
paranoid overkill, but in this secnario I don't think it would hurt either way.

*shrug*

--
Dan Moschuk (TFreak!dan@freebsd.org)
"Try not.  Do, or do not.  There is no try."