Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:20:24 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>, Parv <parv@pair.com>
Subject:   Re: PCI MSI (was Re: What current Dell Systems are supported/work)

http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/unix/freebsd/thinkpad-t61-8859-cto/sys/dmesg

http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/unix/freebsd/thinkpad-t61-8859-cto/cf/kern/combined/T61-SMP.debug--combined

http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/unix/freebsd/thinkpad-t61-8859-cto/cf/boot/device.hints

> ... to go in panic[0].  So, for now I have added ...
>
>   #  Since MSI turned on by default on 2008.01.10.21.17.12 UTC,
>   #  causes panic so disable MSI.
>   hw.pci.enable_msix=0
>   hw.pci.enable_msi=0
>

> ... to /boot/loader.conf.
>

>   [0] I could not save the dump for neither do I have access to
>       serial console, nor could the file system be mounted.  Missing
>       also here is a digital camera.  If anybody is interested, I
>       could write screen down, and repeat to them.

For starters, can you get the output of 'pciconf -lc'?  Secondly, I really
will need the kernel panic message.  If it is a page fault (trap 12) then
write down the faulting virtual address and the faulting IP.  If you can
scribble down any of the stack trace from DDB that would be helpful as well.

--
John Baldwin