Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 20:20:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Sascha Blank <blank@sliphost37.uni-trier.de>
To:        brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Very-small-footprint FreeBSD

Hello Brett,

Brett Glass has written recently:
> I have here an old HP Omnibook 300. This wonderful machine has an 8-hour
> battery life, due to its monochrome non-backlit display, 386SX processor,
> and 10 MB PCMCIA flash disk card. It has 2 MB of RAM, upgradable to 4 MB.
>
> Is it possible to create a tiny version of FreeBSD for this machine? It'd
> be wonderful to have an ultra-portable, long-lived UNIX machine.

Question 2.4 from the FreeBSD FAQ says that you must have at least 5
MByte to install FreeBSD 2.2.x and at least 4 MByte to run it. But I
think even if you upgrade your machine to 4 MB, it is still not enough
to be able to do some reasonable work with it.

--
             Sascha Blank - mailto:blank@fox.uni-trier.de
  Student and System Administrator at the University of Trier, Germany