Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2012 07:04:27 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        ajtiM <lumiwa@gmail.com>
Cc:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Odd mouse issue with new xorg-server

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012, ajtiM wrote:

> On Saturday 28 April 2012 03:16:02 Marco Beishuizen wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, the wise Kevin Oberman wrote:
>

>> I'm having this too. In my case starting X for the second time makes the
>> mouse working again.
>>

> It works for me too.
>
>> After some googling I tried adding Option "AutoAddDevices" "false" to my
>> xorg.conf and that works too.
>
> I didn't try because I don't use xorg.conf more than three years and I don't
> have (or better I didn't) any problems.
> Is it possible to use above option in xinitrc or somewhere elese, please?

It should be possible to make that the sole entry in xorg.conf:

Section "ServerLayout"
 	Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off"
EndSection

Defaults will be used for the rest.  (I have not tried this, though.)

Another option which people seem to miss is to just build xorg-server
with the HAL option disabled.  At least for xfce, HAL is not required
and provides no benefits, so why run it?