Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 05:32:09 -0500
From:      Jeremy Shaffner <jeremy@external.org>
To:        "Walter C. Pelissero" <walter@pelissero.org>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xmovie 1.5.2 for FreeBSD

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 07:34:01PM +0100, Walter C. Pelissero wrote:
> I just recently ported xmovie 1.5.2 to FreeBSD 4.0.  The patch file
> can be found at my home page http://www.pelissero.org.
>
> It's rather big (80K) because it can be considered a fix patch for the
> Linux version as well.

You can still submit this as a Port by adding your patch file as another
DISTFILE hosted at your site.  You'd then apply it via the post-extract
target for example in your Makefile.  There are several Ports that use
this method to apply meta-patches that are too large for (what is now)
files/patch-*.

I don't know what you currently name the patch file, but you should use
some variant of xmovie-freebsd-patch-${XMOVIEVERSION}.tar.gz so that it
tracks a specific version of xmovie.

If you only want your part to be the patching and not the maintaining, I'll
do it if you like.

Thanks for your efforts, btw.

-- Jeremy