Date:      Sat, 24 May 2014 20:08:37 +0900 (JST)
From:      SAITOU Toshihide <toshi@ruby.ocn.ne.jp>
To:        ian@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BBB MMC / SD detection instability with U-Boot 2014.04 (CPU 1GHz)

In message: <1400768866.1152.231.camel@revolution.hippie.lan>
            Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> On Thu, 2014-05-22 at 23:15 +0900, SAITOU Toshihide wrote:
>> In message: <1400765234.1152.224.camel@revolution.hippie.lan>
>>             Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org> writes:

>> > An 'external non-linefetch abort' on a TI chip usually means that the
>> > clocks for a device never got turned on and you attempted to read or
>> > write a register in that device.  If 'usb start' makes the problem go
>> > away, that tends to confirm that thought.
>> >
>> > The thing is, I don't understand why adding a printf to the code with no
>> > other changes would help in any way.  I though maybe it was adding some
>> > delay to allow the clock-start call to take effect, but the clock enable
>> > call is after the USBSS_REVREG read, and that seems wrong.
>> >
>> > Does it fix the problem to move the ti_prcm_clk_enable() call to be
>> > before the USBSS_REVREG read in attach?
>>
>> I will try ti_prcm_clk_enable() at the weekend. But someone's report
>> would be appriciated because I remove the src and svn up now.
>
> If you have done svn up -rnnnnn on individual files, I think svn will
> then leave those files at that revision when you do future updates.
> Doing 'svn revert -R .' in the src directory should get everything reset
> so that 'svn up' will pull the latest versions of everything again.  Of
> course, it will also revert *every* change you've made under src, so use
> it carefully!  It should be faster than checking out a fresh copy, and
> you can still do a -DNO_CLEAN build and rebuild just the things that
> have changed.  Of course you can also use svn revert on a single file or
> directory too.

Thankyou for your infomation, I could revert back and svn up.
But after that I lost .svn repository accidentally, so I can't tell
a revision number (about ~two days before I think) for this report
sorry. Anyway I will never do that.

BEAGLEBONE config is changed to include beaglebone-black.dts, boot
from SD by pressing S2, repeat power cycle and hit enter key randomly
when ``Hit [Enter] to boot immediately''.

result:

  'external non-linefetch abort' was disappeared, and very few
  'translation fault' was observed.

     vm_fault(0xc092d960, 0, 1, 0) -> 1
     Fatal kernel mode data abort: 'Translation Fault (S)'
     trapframe: 0xc0a26b30
     FSR=00000005, FAR=00000018, spsr=80000193
     r0 =c288d380, r1 =00000000, r2 =00000019, r3 =60000193
     r4 =00000000, r5 =c288d380, r6 =00000006, r7 =c053e8fc
     r8 =c288d380, r9 =c28e928c, r10=c28e70c8, r11=c0a26b90
     r12=00000000, ssp=c0a26b80, slr=c055fedc, pc =c0391098

     [ thread pid 0 tid 100000 ]
     Stopped at      device_delete_child+0x14:       ldr     r1, [r4, #0x018]

  It maybe that the test has lost the meagning but tried.

    without change:  3 error / 20 trial
    with change:     1 error / 20 trial

I think operation bias exist from halfway through because the error
disappear against my expectation (it's a happy thing though).

--
SAITOU Toshihide