Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2012 13:52:48 -0500
From:      Jason Campbell <jason.lee.campbell@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 9.1: RFC 5569 (6rd) support in stf(4)

I just noticed my ISP appears to support IPv6 via 6rd. Using FreeBSD
9.1-PRERELEASE as my router, so need 6rd support. I saw port
net/stf-6rd-kmod, but says it only supports 8. I'm thinking it would
work for 9 also if the makefile was patched to support 9. However,
found a patch at
http://people.allbsd.org/~hrs/FreeBSD/stf_6rd_20100923-1.diff and
applied it, with only one failure (line 30ish of man/stf.4, the date
line).

Questions for the more experienced, which is the better approach, try
the port or apply the patch, or are they pretty much the same? And,
will 6rd be added into the main source? Or have I totally messed
things up by applying a patch that is over 2 years old?

Jason