Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 00:10:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@pele.WURLDLINK.NET>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/14885: ports/net/pipsecd build fails

The following reply was made to PR ports/14885; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Vincent Poy <vince@pele.WURLDLINK.NET>
To: Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org,
	Satoshi Asami <asami@hub.freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:09:48 -1000 (HST)

 On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Kris Kennaway wrote:

 > On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Vincent Poy wrote:
 >
 > > 	It's not on the list but it seems that after recompiling the
 > > rsaref then openssl port, the pipsecd port still fails to build. This is
 > > on both 3.3-RELEASE and 4.0-CURRENT machines.
 >
 > Actually, it was on http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/3-full/ at the time
 > I sent that mail, now it's not on that list, but is on
 > http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/3-latest/ (i.e. list for the current
 > run)

 	I was actually looking at:

 http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/4-full
 and
 http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/4-latest

 	Which didn't show it.

 > > On bento, does the ports get installed after they are built or do they
 > > simply use the existing /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so which might be
 > > older than what's in the current openssl port?
 >
 > It should be building each port, along with all dependencies, in a
 > chrooted environment on the build machine..i.e. it should be the latest
 > version of all dependencies, regardless of what the machine actually has
 > installed outside the chroot.

 	Interesting because the only thing I can thing off is that
 the openssl port changed from the installed version than the one in
 the tree currently.

 > As for fixing this problem, I might take a look at it later if I get
 > time.

 	Cool...  Atleast it isn't something broken on this system
 specifically.

 Cheers,
 Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
 Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
 WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
 San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
 HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
 Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin