Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 14:45:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Perl Shared Library

Hello all,

Relatively unimportant question, but one that has been nagging me.

I am using the Perl Compiler with perl 5.003.  One of the things the author
suggests is to compile libperl.a as a shared library.  He gives examples of
Digital Unix and Linux, but neither of those work.  I've looked in the
archives, and did not find anything specific to the perl shared library.

Has anyone done this?  I saw some comments in -hackers archive about it, but
the how-to was incomplete (for me).  C programming is on my list of to-do's,
but Java comes first.  And shared libraries is mixed somewhere in there.

If I don't get this answered, no problem.  I can compile the perl with the
applicable code built in.  It makes the executable about 450K bigger, but I can
live with that.

Thanks for the help.

Patrick