Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:41:17 -0800
From:      Jon Rust <jpr@vcnet.com>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache mod_ ports

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 10:27:07AM -0500, Vivek Khera wrote:

> JR> Are port maintainers making progress here? I notice that Frontpage and
> JR> SSL are still absent from the list of mod_* ports. Any hope of getting
> JR> either of them? I'm still using Scot Hetzel's first attempt[1] at this,
> JR> and feel myself falling a bit behind, apache-wise.
>
> The thing with mod_ssl is that it requires extensions to the Apache
> API.  I don't see how you can do that with a stand alone package that
> is installed after Apache is built.  Please explain how you expect
> this to work.

As I said, it IS working:

   www:/home/jon{6} $ telnet localhost 80
   Trying 127.0.0.1...
   Connected to localhost.
   Escape character is '^]'.
   HEAD / HTTP/1.0

   HTTP/1.1 200 OK
   Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:36:28 GMT
   Server: Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) AuthMySQL/2.20 PHP/4.0.3pl1 PHP/3.0.17 FrontPage/4.0.4.3 mod_ssl/2.6.2 OpenSSL/0.9.6

   Connection closed by foreign host.

This came from Scot Hetzel's ports he provided which can be found at the
link in my last message. The way it works (I think) is the base Apache
port in this case was pre-patched to work with mod_ssl and mod_frontpage,
although neither need be installed.

It CAN be done, I'm just wondering if it will be.

jon