Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 05:37:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
To:        smp@csn.net
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Q) SMP Kernel compilation

> Hi,
> >   I have the following compilation error as of Apr. 19th, 2300GMT
> > SMP source.  What am I wrong?
> >
> > # make depend; make

> have you updated all the rest of your source recently, followed by a
> "make world"?  todays SMP tree is tied to the 3.0-current post Lite-2 merge
> code.  in other words you need to get everything else up to date to be able
> to use todays SMP code.

> assumming everything else is current, clean the old objects out first, ie:
>  make clean; make depend; make (in your SMP kernel build directory)

I had the same problem with USER_LDT defined in the kernel config.  I also
have problems getting the linux emaulation lkm working.  Both work fine
with the UP kernel.  (both UP and SMP kernel are from April 19th around
5:00PM EDT).  The linux lkm gives undefined references like:

/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment
/lkm/linux_mod.o: Undefined symbol `_curproc' referenced from text segment

Also, when compiling the lkm's with the smp kernel, I still get a lot of
files tring to include opt_smp.h and opt_smp_invltlb.h.  I don't know if
these errors occur anywhere else in the tree.

--
Keith Mitchell					Head Administrator: acm.vt.edu
Email: kmitch@weenix.guru.org			PGP key available upon request