Date:      Fri, 07 Nov 1997 22:09:44 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Timothy J Luoma <luomat@peak.org>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WinNet

> http://www.freebsd.org/applications.html
>
> ``FreeBSD handles [our] heavy load quite well and it is nothing short of
> amazing. Salutations to the FreeBSD team.''
>
> ---Mark Hittinger, administrator of WinNet Communications, Inc.
>

> FYI/FWIW: WinNet is fairly-strongly hated in the anti-spam community, for
> allowing the distribution of the Usenet Cancel Engine, and supporting Mike
> Enlow.

1. I look at this as simply a quote from Mark Hittinger, who BTW is no
   longer even with WinNet having left at least a year ago for another
   ISP (Netcom, I believe).

2. I also fail to see why distributing the Usenet Cancel Engine is
   somehow equivalent to directly hosting spammers, as ISPs like AGIS
   do.  What's the big deal with that?  And who the hell is Mike Enlow,
   anyway?  I've never even heard of the guy so he can't be *that*
   important. :)

						Jordan