Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 11:10:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        mark@grondar.za (Mark Murray)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My sendmail/NIS keeps on dying.

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Mark Murray had
to walk into mine and say:

> Hi
>
> My sendmail keeps on dying with the following errors (Actually, it
> does not totally die, it just stops answering on port 25):
>
> Jan 11 14:56:38 grunt sendmail[11238]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): getrequests: accept: Bad address
>
> I have NIS enabled in the machine - there seems to be connection, because
> I also get lots of
>
> Jan 11 14:56:53 grunt ypbind[412]: select: Bad address
>
> Any ideas?

I could swear I wrote the other day that when people report problems
like this they should provide lots and lots and lots of details. For
example, is this really a 3.0-current machine, and if so, how current?
What else is running? Are you using virtual interfaces? Is the machine
multi-homed? Did this start all of a sudden or has it been happening
all along?

I mean it people: I'm getting really tired of people posting stuff
that just says "Hey: this doesn't work! How do I fix it?" without
givine _ANY_ kind of useful information whatsoever. (Sadly, I get the
same thing at work too.)

-Bill