Date:      Tue, 8 Sep 1998 13:29:01 +0100
From:      Nik Lazell <Nik.Lazell@Digital.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD on a notebook?

Hi,
I am looking to find out if it's possible (or not recommended!) to install
FreeBSD on a notebook.  I have a Gateway 2000 Solo 2300 with 2.1Gb H/D, 12.1
TFT 800x600, 12/24Speed CDROM, 31/2 Disk, 32mb Ram.
I have used various flavors of Unix and am wondering if installing FreeBSD
would help me learn more about the unix operating system?  Also am I likely
to run into any major problem with a dual boot Windows 95 setup?  Only I
can't afford to lose that data or damage the notebook in anyway.
Maybe I should buy a cheap PC to run FreeBSD on?

thanks

Nik