Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 1996 11:00:11 GMT
From:      graham@spcplus.co.uk (graham dresch)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiport card drivers

You may be interested in a reply i received from Stallion Technologies
in answer to a quwstion about supporting their intelligent i/o cards
on FreeBSD systems:

From: Alan Johnston <alan@stallion.oz.au>
To: graham@addhat.demon.co.uk
Subject: FreeBSD drivers for a Brumby
Cc: info@stallion.oz.au
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 23:33:20 +1000 (AEST)

Graham,

< Is there any chance of producing drivers for FreeBSD 2.1 ?

One of our programmers has already started writing FreeBSD drivers for
our cards. At this stage, only the EasyIO and Easconnection 8/32 cards
are supported by the drivers. He will be adding support for the other
cards, including the Brumby, over the next few months. The company
does not officially support these drivers. You are quite welcome to
look at what we have so far. The drivers are to be found in the
directory "drivers/unsupported/freebsd" on our Web server
"stallion.com". We have already written Linux drivers, which are
officially supported, for all of our multi-port cards. These drivers
are also available from our ftp site, if you are interested.

Regards,

Alan
Alan Johnston, Stallion Technologies
e-mail address : alan@stallion.com     or  alan@stallion.oz.au
AsiaPacific Support : 61 7 3270 4243   AsiaPacific Sales : 61 7 3270 4244
General Enquiries   : 61 7 3270 4242   Fax               : 61 7 3371 8881

--
Graham Dresch
Development eng.   SPC+