Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:23:29 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        new-bus@FreeBSD.ORG, mdodd@FreeBSD.ORG, tanimura@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed driver newbusified - review/testers wanted

Thus spake Warner Losh (imp@village.org):

> : I now newbus-ified the ed driver.
> : I've tested my NE2000 PCI Ethernet (RealTek 8029) card now on
> : my alpha and it works fine. (I'm kinda proud :-)
> That's something to be proud of :-).

Hmm - actually it was just replacing all out*()/in*() functions with
the calls to the bus_space_* functions and similar.
The driver was already written in the new driver scheme but still used
direct hardware i/o.

> : What I now need is a review of the patches [1] as well as a test on
> : the following card-types:
> : - NICs with the DS8390 chipset from National Semiconductor
> I think I have at least one of these hanging around.  I don't think
> the old ed driver supported them, however.

From what I've read in the source and the manpage , it did.
If so, please double-check if they work, since in the part of this
driver I used the kvtop(bus_get_virtual()) -> bus_get_start() migration.

> I have a few SMC cards I could try.  I may even have an old wd8003 (I
> think that's the number) I could try also.

Same here, iirc.

> : - Novell NE1000/NE2000 or clones
> I have a real, genuine NE2000.

That one should work :)

> But as an added bonus, I do have a PC98 notebook with the C-BUS
> interface (as well as the pccard interface, but that's not working)
> and a ed based nic for C-BUS.

Hehe - awesome!

Happy testing -- and thanks!

Alex
--
cat: /home/alex/.sig: No such file or directory