Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 1997 11:06:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Hawkins <dhawk@river.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   suidperl 4.036 in 2.2.5?

Why is this still being installed by 2.2.5?

What programs use it? Is there a simple way I can do
a make world after a cvsup and not have it installed?

J"org posted some instructions to the freebsd.misc newsgroup but I
didn't understand them. That's why I say 'simple'  ;-)

Any possibility 'make world' could be changed to notify the
admin that insecure software has been installed and then give
the steps needed to remove it? I can do it manually each time,
I suppose, but newcomers aren't going to know that suidperl 4.036
isn't secure.

later, david
--
David Hawkins  -- dhawk@river.org        http://www.river.org
"I write to understand as much as to be understood." -- Elie Wiesel